Withernsea High Schools’ ethos is based on high aspirations, expectations and achievements for all. We exist to provide high quality teaching and learning experiences in a supportive and caring environment situated at the heart of our local community.
Withernsea High School:
* Ensures that high aspiration, expectation and achievement are at the core of all that we do
* Recognises and celebrates success
* Focuses on providing excellence in teaching and learning
* Offers a wide range of learning experiences
* Provides a safe, healthy and inclusive school community
* Ensures a strong sense of community between staff, our learners, parents, local communities and partners
* Provides strong pastoral care where every student is known, supported and guided
These aims are under-pinned by the following values.
* Respect for self, others, school expectations, and the environment
* Unwavering belief that every person can make a valuable contribution
* Responsibility for self, others and the community we serve
* Embracing individual diversity whilst creating a sense of belonging (being different, belonging together)
* Integrity exemplified through positive communication in words, gestures and deeds between all members of our community
* Inspiring all to be lifelong learners through challenging and engaging learning opportunities
New letter to parents released
Please go to the Letters to Parents page to view / download the following letter, released this week:
12/03/18 - Headteacher Update - Letter from Caroline Heaton, Chair of Governors.
World Book Day 2018
On Thursday 1st March, staff and students of Withernsea High School brought the characters of fiction to life, donning fancy dress and decorating classroom doors in honour of World Book Day.
The annual celebration of authors, illustrators, books and reading aims to inspire young people to pick up a book and discover a different world through the imaginations of writers past and present.
Friday 2nd March
All bus routes are operating as normal.
In light of the strong winds, please take care on your journeys to and from school.
Due to the on-going risk of damage to property from high winds in Withernsea town centre, we will once again be keeping our Year 10 and 11 students on site at lunchtime today to ensure their safety.
For those students who have yet to set up Cashless Catering, and due to the exceptional circumstances, cash will once again be accepted at the tills in our canteen.
Dance Show Postponement
We regret to announce that tomorrow night's 'Toy School' dance show at Bridlington Spa Theatre has been postponed.
The show will now take place on Friday 23rd March.
The difficult decision to postpone was made due to the continuing poor weather conditions being experienced around the East Riding.
Please click here to view/download a letter containing further information from Mr Williman.
Due to the dangerous high winds in Withernsea, we have made the decision that students in Years 10 and 11 will remain on the school site during lunchtime today.
For those students who have yet to set up Cashless Catering, cash will be taken at the tills in our canteen today.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused, however the safety of our students is our main priority.
Thank you for your continuing support.
Mr R Williman
Thursday 1st March - School Open
08.15am - Sixth Form Consultation Evening / After School Clubs
• Due to the weather conditions in the local area, tonight's Sixth Form Consultation Evening has been postponed. A new date will be announced in due course. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
• All after school clubs are cancelled tonight, Thursday 1st March. Students should leave school at the end of the school day.
07.00am - School and Bus information
We are once again open as normal today.
As per yesterday, buses will be collecting along the main roads only.
Buses: Buses are operating as normal along the main road routes. Some services to outlying villages on minor roads may not be collecting.
Bus Number 310 - This service will not be picking up at Winestead. It will stick to the main road only through Keyingham.
Bus Number 313 - This service will not be picking up at Owstwick and Tunstall. In Halsham it will stay on the main road only and travel via Roos.
Should buses not arrive at collection points, students are advised not to trave
Careers Fair - Tuesday 6th March
Next Tuesday, 6th March, we will be holding a Careers Fair in the main school hall from 1.20pm until 4.00pm.
From 3.20pm, the fair will be open to all students and their parents/carers.
If your child is staying behind for this event, please ensure that they have travel arrangements in place for getting home.
For further information please contact Mrs Pindar or Mrs Foster on 01964 613133.